– #frederikrasmussen (DRAGON / PENSKE AUTOSPORT) wins #formulae: Accelerate and €20,000 in prize money, beating rivals #erhanjajovski (ROKiT Venturi Racing) and Kevin Siggy (BMW i Andretti Motorsport) in the driver standings.
– Rasmussen wins the Rome E-Prix ahead of Graham Carroll (Envision Virgin Racing) and Jarno Opmeer (Mercedes-EQ #formulae Team), with both clinching their first podiums of the competition.
– ROKiT Venturi #racing tops the team standings, ahead of DRAGON / PENSKE AUTOSPORT and BMW i Andretti Motorsport in third.
– Winner winner; Both Kevin Siggy – as winner of the ABB #formulae Race at Home Challenge – and #frederikrasmussen will be invited to the Valencia E-Prix to claim their prize of driving the #formulae Gen2 car.
– Roman emperor; For the second #formulae driver race, Edoardo Mortara (ROKiT Venturi Racing) sealed victory around the Circuito Cittadino dell’EUR ahead of Robin Frijns (Envision Virgin Racing) and Pascal Wehrlein (TAG Heuer Porsche #formulae Team).
– Pole perfection; Rasmussen secured his third Pole Position of the competition in Rome, the most of any driver. #erhanjajovski has two Pole Positions to his name with Kevin Siggy securing one in Berlin.
– ROKiT Venturi #racing driver and #formulae: Accelerate race winner – Edoardo Mortara – spoke to host Derin Adetosoye about following his #esports team-mate throughout the competition.
“It was a very good race! I could pull a decent gap to second and third place and glad to win that one. Erhan is doing a tremendous job, I’m a big fan of #formulae: Accelerate and what you’re doing – he has been very impressive and quick. Since the first race he has been on it.”
– Mark Preston, Team Principal of DS TECHEETAH, joined the #formulae: Accelerate team in the studio to discuss how the reigning team champions built that winning formula.
“Our path in #formulae shows the progression it takes to get to the top in the championship. With the victories the team gained confidence and we kept building on it. JEV has worked and pushed the team from the very beginning and that certainly helped build that circle of trust within the team. He has helped make us what we are.”
– YouTuber FailRace joined #formulae: Accelerate commentator Jack Nicholls to offer his expert gaming insights for the Grand Final.
“It’s easy to lose track. When you’re in the heat of battle – in the middle of the pack – it’s really easy to miss something going on in the car. It’s possible, even at this level. You can’t overdrive the car here, there is no margin for error.”
Formula E: Accelerate
– #esports competition showcases 24 rising stars competing over six events and being mentored by #formulae teams and drivers.
– #formulae #racing translated into the virtual world as digital racers learn to master energy management and Attack Mode deployment for the first time.
– Prizes include a share of a minimum €100,000 prize pool with the winner receiving the opportunity to drive a #formulae Gen2 car.
To stay up-to-date with the latest from #formulae: Accelerate, visit the #formulae website.
“I am so happy, I didn’t expect it at all. I didn’t have any standings on my screen and when I saw Erhan was in P5 I couldn’t believe it. #formulae: Accelerate has been a huge learning curve and a massive comeback for me. I finished the first round in P9 struggling on the grid to then winning the competition. It’s been an incredible journey!”
“I am disappointed but I knew Frederik had the Pole Position and winning from where I was with these track conditions was extremely difficult. It tried to get Fastest Lap and that was the only way to re-open the competition. I missed my braking point and crashed and from that point my car was broken and I was overtaken and I couldn’t do much more. Congratulations to Frederik and to everyone who worked to make this happen and hopefully we’ll be back #racing in season two!”